ext4 not completely imported?

ragnar76

Cadet
Hello,

I have a Terramaster F4-423 NAS and recently there was a beta update to TOS6. So far, so good. I thought "i give it a try". Unfortunately, the beta turned out to be really a beta and I broke the software, which happens when you get involved. Anyway, I wanted to try TrueNAS (Core, 13.0-U6.1. 4*4TB Hdds, ZFS and no deduplication) and what can I say? So far I like it quite well but I still have a small problem:

Before I changed the operating system, I naturally made a backup on an external USB hard drive with ext4 file system. But it seems that I can't import the content completely. Only 1.4TB of the backed up 3.6TB are imported. I would like to try again, is there any way I can see what happens?

Thank you very much.

Mods: If I got the wrong subforum, please move the post to the right one. Thanks :)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Don't expect ext4 to work outside Linux (i.e. Scale).

What you can do if you want to use Core is to temporarily use Scale to import the data into ZFS and then move back to Core (e.g. switch back to the original boot device).

ragnar76

Cadet
Hmmm.... will try to send all the files over my network first (will take a longer time though)