Exported pools cannot be detected after reinstalling system

dupiguai

Cadet
Hello
I installed TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4 in PVE and I met some problems. So I exported two pools and wanted to install a new TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4 without a visualized environment. The installation succeeded but the new system cannot detect the two exported pools. The pool.import_find job is a success.
1679202233051.png

1679202275236.png

1679202336116.png

Hardware Information:
Before:
PVE system (Crucial P2 NVMe 250G)
TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4 (SAMSUNG 870EVO 250G)
Pool one (Crucial MX500 250G)
Pool two (SEAGATE ST4000VX015 4T)

Now:
TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4 (SAMSUNG 870EVO 250G)

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
PVE = Proxmox?
Can you describe how that was set-up?
Whole system with HBAs would be useful.

Same for new system.

dupiguai

Cadet
PVE = Proxmox?
Can you describe how that was set-up?
Whole system with HBAs would be useful.

Same for new system.
Yes PVE = Proxmox
I just assigned an HDD and an SSD for Truenas built in Proxmox and created a pool for each disk.
I didn't use any HBA card.
Maybe it Proxmox added some other data in disks so the new Truenas cannot identify them.
I will rebuild a same environment to test if it could help me recover the data.
Thanks

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Yes PVE = Proxmox
I just assigned an HDD and an SSD for Truenas built in Proxmox and created a pool for each disk.
I didn't use any HBA card.
Maybe it Proxmox added some other data in disks so the new Truenas cannot identify them.
I will rebuild a same environment to test if it could help me recover the data.
Thanks
TrueNAS has a specific partition model that Proxmox probably does not use...as a guess.

dupiguai

Cadet
TrueNAS has a specific partition model that Proxmox probably does not use...as a guess.
Yeah, After I reinstall the Proxmox and assign the HDD for the Truenas on it, the Truenas still cannot detect the pool. Fortunately, I have a backup of the data.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
I installed TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4 in PVE and I met some problems.

You really need to follow the guidance in my various virtualization guides as to how to properly virtualize a TrueNAS instance. People who fail to do so commonly run into all sorts of weird issues trying to manage their pools. You really need the thing to look very much like a common bare metal install, and that specifically includes using PCIe passthru to make your HBA, SCU, or AHCI controller available directly to TrueNAS.

dupiguai

Cadet
You really need to follow the guidance in my various virtualization guides as to how to properly virtualize a TrueNAS instance. People who fail to do so commonly run into all sorts of weird issues trying to manage their pools. You really need the thing to look very much like a common bare metal install, and that specifically includes using PCIe passthru to make your HBA, SCU, or AHCI controller available directly to TrueNAS.

Thanks. I give up virtualization and now the Truenas is installed on the bare mental.