Explanation on SMB ACLs needed

Aebian

Cadet
Hi folks,

I'm currently trying to setup an SMB (Windows) share and seem to struggle with the permissions.
The Scale Box is connected to the active directory and the connection is healthy.

However I seem to be unable to get a hang on the ACLs.
None of my domain users can access the share. I tried to follow an old guide from TrueNAS but it doesn't really work.

Can you please elaborate what is needed to get it working?
1645973249570.png

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Have you gone through and set up your dataset ACL / Permissions yet? How are those setup?

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
If you run the command "getent passwd" do you see your AD users listed? On mine anyway, the syntax is something like DC010\<user>

Terabyte

Cadet
I have the same problem but getent passwd shows me every user and wbinfo -u / wbinfo -g shows me all the users and groups, but when I attempt to use AD\Domain Admins or AD\Domain Users I get an error like this: "Error: [dacl] Item#0 is not valid per list types: [id] Not an integer"

Thoughts?

None of my domain users can access the share
Based on your ACL I can’t see anything that would allow all domain users to be able to.

perm_it_fileserver01_sudo
This group looks fine on the ACL.

Can you send a screenshot of how you are trying to connect and errors? Also can you share your AD config settings in TN feel free to blur out names.