Error When trying to update FreeNAS 11.2-RELEASE

manahan

Cadet
I'm currently running FreeNAS 11.2-RELEASE. I tried to install the update that's available and I get this error message "Cannot remove file /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.26/mach/CORE/handy.h". I'm new to FreeNAS and could use your guys help on this, what do I need to do so that I can get my FreeNAS to update?

D

dlavigne

We'll need more info to assist. Hardware specs? Size and type of boot device? Also, a screenshot of System -> Boot Environments would be helpful.

manahan

Cadet
We'll need more info to assist. Hardware specs? Size and type of boot device? Also, a screenshot of System -> Boot Environments would be helpful.

Thank you for responding but I ended up figuring it out, or at least I got it to work. When I went to System -> Boot Environments I saw that the boot drive said degraded which didn’t make any sense since it was a brand new ssd. I removed the ssd cleared it, and ran multiple scans on the drive to check if it really had anything wrong with it. All my tests came back as a good drive. I reinstalled the drive and reinstalled FreeNAS, uploaded my config file and now it says online. I was then able to update it.