Error: pbi_add: transmission 2.42 is already installed! Use -f to force installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My earlier problem in creating a network interface without checking the DHCP box has left me with no obvious sign of the medialna and transmission plugins I'd tried to install at least from the GUI yet when I try and re-install them I get "Error: pbi_add: transmission 2.42 is already installed! Use -f to force installation."

Using -f suggests I'm not looking at the GUI upload anymore?

ProtoSD

MVP
You're kind of wasting time trying to figure out problems/asking for help. FreeNAS 8.2 has lots of bugs and isn't worth the trouble to figure out workarounds. Beta-3 should be out anytime now and a lot will have changed, just be patient. Some of the plugins have even been re-written.

djlax152

Dabbler
You're kind of wasting time trying to figure out problems/asking for help. FreeNAS 8.2 has lots of bugs and isn't worth the trouble to figure out workarounds. Beta-3 should be out anytime now and a lot will have changed, just be patient. Some of the plugins have even been re-written.

Cool, can't wait until its released!! Not sure if you know anything about this but are they making it any easier to install\configure the plugins? I had an awful time with transmission going through the directions and running all those commands. I still haven't gotten it to work correctly, but it would but great if everything can be done through the GUI.

ProtoSD

MVP
Cool, can't wait until its released!! Not sure if you know anything about this but are they making it any easier to install\configure the plugins? I had an awful time with transmission going through the directions and running all those commands. I still haven't gotten it to work correctly, but it would but great if everything can be done through the GUI.

I know they're a bit behind schedule, but that just means that they're being thorough. I know they're making some significant changes with the plugin stuff, including rewriting some of the plugins, but I really don't know the details. If you really can't wait to see, you could download and build the source, but it can change quickly sometimes.

Hang in there, I suspect beta-3 will be out pretty soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.