Error installing vim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun Chandak

Dabbler
Back up your config database and reinstall FreeNAS, ideally to a new USB stick.

I have installed FreeNAS 9.2.1.6... currently I have downloaded 9.2.1.7. Will upgrading to this version resolve the issue ?

I have backed up my config database, but if I reinstall it, will I have to reconfigure all the volumes and their disk structure ?

Whattteva

Wizard
Back up your config database and reinstall FreeNAS, ideally to a new USB stick.
Would that really help? I *think* he's doing all of this in the jail, which is stored on your pool, so a new USB stick probably wouldn't help.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Would that really help? I *think* he's doing all of this in the jail, which is stored on your pool, so a new USB stick probably wouldn't help.
Well, if he's filled up /, that would suggest to me that he wasn't doing it in the jail.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I have installed FreeNAS 9.2.1.6... currently I have downloaded 9.2.1.7. Will upgrading to this version resolve the issue ?
Most likely. A clean installation is likely to be a better bet, but the upgrade is supposed to overwrite the disk image, which should have the same effect.

I have backed up my config database, but if I reinstall it, will I have to reconfigure all the volumes and their disk structure ?
No. The pool structure is on the pool itself, and any of the sharing configuration will be in the database.

Varun Chandak

Dabbler
Most likely. A clean installation is likely to be a better bet, but the upgrade is supposed to overwrite the disk image, which should have the same effect.

No. The pool structure is on the pool itself, and any of the sharing configuration will be in the database.
okay... thnx for the help ... ill upgrade and will let you know the status

Varun Chandak

Dabbler
i had upgraded the server and it resolved the issue of graphs..... thnx for the help...

Status
Not open for further replies.