Error Getting Available Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony klimek

Dabbler
thanks everyone! Okay..so I lost it again, but I will probably be able to get it back, when it decides to play nice. But how do i go about backing it up?

Stux

MVP
connect to your nas, copy the files you want to keep... in order of most important ones first.

Alternatively, use rsync to copy everything, but personally I'd go for the most important stuff... your pool is having a heart attack and is about to die, if its not already.

If you had a large enough USB drive or something, you could try replicating, but I think that will fail when you get to an unreadable block (which you have)

So, my advise, connect to your NAS, and copy the most important files first.

anthony klimek

Dabbler
connect to your nas, copy the files you want to keep... in order of most important ones first.

Alternatively, use rsync to copy everything, but personally I'd go for the most important stuff... your pool is having a heart attack and is about to die, if its not already.

If you had a large enough USB drive or something, you could try replicating, but I think that will fail when you get to an unreadable block (which you have)

So, my advise, connect to your NAS, and copy the most important files first.

ohhhh. See that's my problem. I can get as far as seeing my volume in FreeNAS GUI but i can't access it through Windows, so I have no way of accessing my data

Stux

MVP
Okay, can you ssh into your NAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.