Error during install: Invalid or corrupt kernel image

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvandam

Cadet
So after a prolonged build time (ordered wrong RAM, and motherboard damaged on arrival), I finally managed to get all the pieces together to have a working machine. I've been trying to install FreeNAS, but I keep running into the same problem. After the initial screen asking me to install the software, I get the error, "Invalid or corrupt kernel image."

I first downloaded the latest FreeNAS 9.3 file from the official site, and used unetbootin to burn the ISO image to a USB drive. I am trying to boot from that drive to a 2nd USB drive. After the initial error, I tried different USB slots, and tried burning the image to a different USB drive to check if I had a bad USB drive. I get the same error every time.

I then tried re-downloading FreeNAS 9.3 from the official site, and re-burned that ISO image to the USB drive, again using unetbootin. Same error. Finally, I tried downloading FreeNAS 9.3 from a different website (TechSpot), but still, I get the same error.

I'm not really sure what else to do. Any thoughts on what else I could try?

Also, remember to checksum your ISO. It only takes a second and can possibly save you a lot of time and headache.

Glad you got it all worked out. Thanks for posting back and letting us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.