Error: “ cam_periph_mapmem: attemp to map 65539 bytes, which is grester than 65536”

Berlusca

Cadet
Hi.
I have a problem with my server Truenas, after the update to 12.0-U3 I could no longer see the web interface despite the fact that the server has an IP address, the ping reception also works.

The console returns the error:
“cam_periph_mapmem: attemp to map 65539 bytes, which is grester than 65536”
After a Reset Configuration to Defaults it still doesn't work

My configuration:
Notebook HP Pavilion DV7
Intel Core i5 460M
RAM 4GB
4 hard disk 500GB raid 0

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
First problem, you don't meet the minimum requirement for 4GB.
The immediate problem sounds like a driver doing something it shouldn't.
Notebook HP Pavilion DV7
Intel Core i5 460M
RAM 4GB
4 hard disk 500GB raid 0
None of this has what is needed for reliability, let alone safety of your data...

Berlusca

Cadet
First problem, you don't meet the minimum requirement for 4GB.
The immediate problem sounds like a driver doing something it shouldn't.

None of this has what is needed for reliability, let alone safety of your data...
Until recently everything worked fine, also for my needs the server was sufficient

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yes, by definition everything works fine until it doesn't. That doesn't mean any of this is in any way a good idea.

Evertb1

Guru
If you boot from an USB device try it with a new one. I don't feel like doing extensive (re)searching for you but you can find some pointers on the internet about this error. Even an old Jira ticket from ixsystems. By the way: those minimum requirements are not a joke. They are there for good reasons. What is the point of going with FreeNAS/TrueNAS for it's great file system and then ignore the fact that it comes with some requirements? OMV for example is less demanding and can do a good job as well.