Enclosure View blank TrueNAS-SCALE-21.08-BETA.1 TRUENAS-MINI-3.0-X+

JohnB3000

Cadet
Hi Everyone,

Don't know if anyone has seen this or can help I have a TRUENAS-MINI-3.0-X+ on TrueNAS-SCALE-21.08-BETA.1 when i click on System Settings > Enclosure I am getting a blank page and some errors in the console see below

Thanks
John

2021-09-12 20_26_19-.png

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Enclosure management for the Mini is not available in TrueNAS SCALE yet. There an SGIO driver that is available in FreeBSD, but not available in Linux. It has to be written and verified. It's on the list of things to get done.

JohnB3000

Cadet
Enclosure management for the Mini is not available in TrueNAS SCALE yet. There an SGIO driver that is available in FreeBSD, but not available in Linux. It has to be written and verified. It's on the list of things to get done.
Thanks for the fast response, I got exited and didn't see the coming soon bit haha

edquintero

Cadet
hi,
just migrated my mini 3.0 xl+ from truenas core to truenas scale. the enclosure feature is still not working. any idea when the sgio driver will be ready?

thank you
ed

the migration went very smooth

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
hi,
just migrated my mini 3.0 xl+ from truenas core to truenas scale. the enclosure feature is still not working. any idea when the sgio driver will be ready?

thank you
ed

the migration went very smooth

Hi Ed, the driver is being worked on. We're hoping it will be in U1, but its possible it won't be debugged in time. Its high priority.

JohnB3000

Cadet
Hi @morganL
Thanks for the update it will be nice to have this feature enabled. one question is there any plans to have a snapshot feature for virtual machines?

I'm loving the TrueNAS mini 3.0 xl+ on TrueNAS SCALE TrueNAS team keep up the amazing work