Emby FreeNAS 11.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloam

Contributor
Hello, any one was able to install Emby in the new FreeNas 11.2?

In my case the emby is installed but I'm not able to play movies. I looked and this seems like a known issue with ffmpeg and libx264, it only works with version 152 and pkg is now on 155.

Any work arround?

Thank you

Baenwort

Explorer
There are two depending on how tied you are to your current jail.

You can either follow Emby's advice and run the beta channel for Emby per: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60971-new-freenas-package-for-testing/

or you can patch your current version and wait out the release of a 3.6 based stable but this is a kludge that I don't recommend unless you're very comfortable with CLI and are willing to play with repos and ports.

ronclark

Dabbler
Hello, any one was able to install Emby in the new FreeNas 11.2?

In my case the emby is installed but I'm not able to play movies. I looked and this seems like a known issue with ffmpeg and libx264, it only works with version 152 and pkg is now on 155.

Any work arround?

Thank you

i installed emby too and I can't play movies,tv music.
i saw there is a bug report on this problem.

adrianwi

Guru
Run the beta! 3.6.0.75 is working perfectly for me and is SO much faster than 3.5.3.

freedombacon

Dabbler
I did some poking around, and noticed that there are two Emby 3.5.3.0 binaries for FreeBSD out there: https://github.com/M...ses/tag/3.5.3.0

The one that ends in .txz is the one that these scripts are using. It does not contain a copy of libx264. The one that ends in .tar.xz has a completely different structure inside and does contain a copy of libx264. I have to wonder if this was, perhaps, an attempt to update the release that didn't go quite right?
from Emby forum

I downloaded the tar.xz file and it does contain the missing SO files. I then used SSH to copy them to the jail. In the unzipped tar, cd to lib, then:

Code:
scp libx264.so* root@MYFREENAS:/mnt/MYPOOL/iocage/jails/emby/root/usr/local/lib/emby-server/lib

All my movies play now, even the H265 ones. The server doesn't even need to restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.