Emby 3.4.1.0 on FreeNAS 9.3

pratman2

Dabbler
I'm still running FreeNAS 9.3, i haven't bothered upgrading because it has been solid for almost 3 years. I've had to update Emby periodically due to the Roku Emby add-on updating and no longer being compatible with Emby server. This week the Roku add-on updated again and of course now does not work with Emby Server 3.3.1.0. There is not a newer version listed under the plugins tab of the server. The Roku add-on says I need Emby server 3.4.1.0 or newer. I figured I would install it manually, but have not been able to find a 3.4.1.0 pbi file. I have read through threads and tried to install it through Putty, but cannot get it to fetch the plugin. When putting the Emby.Mono.zip file in the Emby jail manually, I cannot get it to unzip. I have continue to run into roadblocks at every turn.

My skill level is moderate and not that in-depth with FreeNAS. Does anyone know if Emby 3.4.1.0 can even be installed on 9.3? It looks like the the newest versions only work with 11.x from what I can find. I think I may be dead in the water unless I upgrade FreeNAS which I am very hesitant to do. Any suggestions? I appreciate any help.

pratman2

Dabbler
No, at this point I have abandoned Emby for now and have switched to Plex. I presume it's only a matter of time before the new app updates for Plex no longer work with the older Plex Freenas plugin. But the desire to NOT update a perfectly good working server for the sake of a plugin is much more than the desire to get the plugin working. I just don't have the time if something else breaks trying to update a plugin/server, also not as savvy with Freenas as maybe most on here. Thanks for checking though.