Email (Google Oauth) setup fails silently

Tekkie

Patron
I am trying to setup email with GMail Oauth and I get the pop-up saying to confirm that I want to add XYZ to google OAuth for email etc. it passes all those screens but then the 'save' button remains grayed out and pressing the 'send test mail' button results in a cryptic error message "Error: [client_id] attribute required".

Anyone

stk

Dabbler
I have the same problem. It's supposed to return and change the button to say "Login to Gmail again." But it doesn't

And the straight up authentication to google doesn't work either. Even with perfect username and password, you always get an error saying "Error: [EPERM] Authentication error (535): b'5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. For more information, go to\n5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials u17-20020a170902e21100b001db6a228c3esm4816376plb.307 - gsmtp'"

I've tried the same credentials on browsers they work perfectly. So it's impossilble to set up email alerts.

I'm using TrueNAS Scale.

Tekkie

Patron
I am fairly sure its a DB 'corruption' issue, caused by a missing upgrade step from later updates to FreeNAS.

Because I don't grab every single update to FreeNAS (because why should I, if it ain't broken don't fix it) I believe an 'upgrade' step to the DB was dropped at some point from the upgrade process which had been present in some upgrade that I didn't install which has left the DB in incomplete state for the email system to work again. :(