Electric Eel is expected with outdated Nvidia Driver again

mm0nst3r

Dabbler
I have noticed that Electric Eel is expected with the same Nvidia driver version 545 as Dragonfish while current version is 550. The main difference is support of the whole Ti and Super GPU lines released in December/January and support of D line of GPUs for China introduced due to the new US regulation that made it illegal to export many of the ADA generation GPUs to China. Also many bug fixes.

Please vote for this issue
for updating the driver version to 550 in Electric Eel, otherwise it will again be like it was Cobia that didn’t support a single Nvidia GPU (both DC and consumer) that was in production and could be bought new at the day of it’s release, though probably no this bad this time because it's a minor update of Nvidia GPU line.

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
I have noticed that Electric Eel is expected with the same Nvidia driver version 545 as Dragonfish while current version is 550. The main difference is support of the whole Ti and Super GPU lines released in December/January and support of D line of GPUs for China introduced due to the new US regulation that made it illegal to export many of the ADA generation GPUs to China. Also many bug fixes.

Please vote for this issue
for updating the driver version to 550 in Electric Eel, otherwise it will again be like it was Cobia that didn’t support a single Nvidia GPU (both DC and consumer) that was in production and could be bought new at the day of it’s release, though probably no this bad this time because it's a minor update of Nvidia GPU line.
We typically pick the driver closer to the ALPHA software date which will be in June/July.

I assume you are OK with any driver version.. 550 or higher.

mm0nst3r

Dabbler
We typically pick the driver closer to the ALPHA software date which will be in June/July.

I assume you are OK with any driver version.. 550 or higher.

That is great if is not settled yet.

Yes, basically it is 550 or higher at this moment unless Nvidia launches any new GPU till June (which is unlikely).