Duplicate/Linked Pool - Taking Up Twice the Space

Running a TrueNAS core setup, 5 18TB drives total, 2 of which are redundant backups - total usable space around 49TB. Here's the issue - I set up a few pools. One for Plex, one primary storage (Grizz NAS) and another for FTP. Somehow in the course of setting it up - it looks like my primary storage (Grizz NAS) is replicated over to FTP. I confirmed that when I added some photos to my primary storage (Grizz NAS), when I access FTP - I can see the files there. Obviously, I'm a bit reticent to just delete the FTP pool, on the same token, I dont want it taking double the space. How do I tell if it's a reference or a true copy?

Attachments

• EX.png
    EX.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 30

chuck32

Guru
Running a TrueNAS core setup, 5 18TB drives total, 2 of which are redundant backups
So RAIDZ2 then? The two drives used for parity are not redundant backups. You increased availability of the system, nothing more.

Somehow in the course of setting it up - it looks like my primary storage (Grizz NAS) is replicated over to FTP. I
Judging from the used space, yes the files are copied to your FTP dataset.
This doesn't happen by accident, check what you have setup to replicate to that dataset.