Does Google Sync not work?

BerryJP

Cadet
This is my first post, please help if you can.

I recently got 30 TB of storage on Google Drive for work and decided to use it as my cloud backup for my Truenas.

All the docs seem to make it seem like it's a finished feature, but I start a SYNC PUSH task, and it fails with error 500 on almost 500 files (I can't find any logs to find out more). I've tried the task 3 times and it just fails the same every time. I've re-authorised the Google credentials and am about to manually create an API key but I thought I'd ask here first. Would manually creating an API key through Google Admin even help?

The task runs; it backs up 16 TB of data but then fails to delete the moved or deleted data and tells me that there are 500 files that didn't backup but not what they are or why.

There aren't any Google Doc files in there.

TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.3

The files are just about everything you can think of from media to documents games to ISOs. It's basically everything I have.

Is there anywhere I can find more detailed logs for the sync task?

BerryJP

Cadet
1695687185124.png

BerryJP

Cadet
I found some expanded logs in the history section and found that it was just some RAW photos that were failing with error 500. I also found "not deleting files as there were IO errors".

I decided to set up sync tasks for the individual folders rather than the whole archive and so far it seems to be working. It has already deleted some of the files that aren't present in the source which is a step in the right direction.

I'll update here as I find anything but it seems that syncing the whole archive is not working. It isn't the root of the dataset but something seems to have upset it.

BerryJP

Cadet
I've discovered that it is my Photos folder that isn't working.

1695771516482.png

Does anyone have any ideas?