[Disregard] Help restoring plugins after restoring default settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkeen

Dabbler
Hi team,

I'll start by saying I'm a complete noob so I would love some help because I made a small issue into a big one. Firstly, I'm running FreeNAS-11.0-U2 (e417d8aa5), I have my 4x 4tb WD red HDD's in RaidZ with a 128gb SSD for my Jails. I accidentally reset my router which reset the IP address for my FreeNAS, and due to my ignorance with network config settings, I thought that selecting "Restore default settings" would just restore network settings. After FreeNAS loaded up I realised what I had done so I imported my 2 volumes (Data and Jails) but noticed my plugins (Plex media server and Transmission) were no longer installed. I tried reinstalling the plugins, however, an error keeps coming up that does not allow me to complete the installation. I think it might be due to there already being plugin data on the jails? At this point I decided to stop trying to dig up and ask for help as I don't really like the prospect of rebuilding my entire Plex library when I know the data is on the jail dataset. Please help =(

*Edit*
The error shown:
[MiddlewareError: b"Failed to install plugin: cannot open 'Jail/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean': dataset does not exist\nERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone\n"]

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 229

Monkeen

Dabbler
Update:

So I've been able to install the plugins as I hadn't assigned my jail directory correctly. I have transmission working correctly, however, I don't have to restore any data for this to work. I guess now I need guidance on how to move my old Plex database to my new Plex plugin in order to prevent me from rebuilding my entire Plex database (>7gb).

*Edit*

So the answers for moving Plex server were found here:
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201370363-Move-an-Install-to-Another-System

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
Another answer would be to load the last backup you have of the config file. The system makes them automatically and stores them in /var/db/system/configs-(longhexnumber)/(FreeNAS version)/.

Status
Not open for further replies.