Disk Latency in mirrored ssd pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Streit

Cadet
Nope, I'm experiencing it with different drives. This is for home so I'm using some entry level Kingston and Drevo drives.

srit

Dabbler
So no one has any ideas?

J

jkh

Have you thought about adding a Log device to this pool, to mitigate the synchronous writes?

srit

Dabbler
I have not. Since I'm using SSD's, iSCSI and MPIO and i didnt make any specific changes to to the sync settings in FreeNAS. Perhaps i should have. I was expecting not to need to with SSD's. That also might help with the writes latency so i will give it a try and order a log drive.

While this might help with the Write latency i am still trying to figure out the read latency. If no one has any additional ideas i may just have to go with the premise that these are bad disks to go with for an all SSD pool in FreeNAS. If thats the case, does anyone have a recommendation on what to replace them with? Disks they know work well in a FreeNAS pool by actually using them in a pool for a while?

I also just purchased a pair of Nexus 5k switches and a Chelsio T520 card and will be implementing them in the next few weeks just in case the wire speed was not being nice and...well who doesn't want to go 10G just because:D

Thanks for any and all help i have been getting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.