Disconnected from network, no console, can’t boot from USB

Magneto42

Cadet
So I just got my TrueNAS setup last night after getting the drives, I’m using an older desktop computer I built a while ago. It was working great and I even got a TimeMachine backup started from my Mac laptop. When I woke up this morning TrueNAS was disconnected from the network, both GUI, ping, and I checked all devices on the router. When I plug a display in I can’t seem to get any sort of console view no matter how many times I reboot. I also can not get into the BIOS settings for the motherboard, not matter what keys I mash.

I hardly have any data in TrueNAS and could easily re-install but I can’t force a boot from USB.

ASRock H97M Pro 4
Intel i7-4790
2 x 8gb DDR3 RAM
3 x 4tb WD Red Plus
SanDisk Ultra II SSD for the OS

Any tips greatly appreciated.

WN1X

Explorer
Have you tried F2 to get into the BIOS?

Magneto42

Cadet
Have you tried F2 to get into the BIOS?
Yup, I’ve tried F2, F11, DEL etc with no luck. I’m beginning to think this is some sort of motherboard issue, I don’t get even get a POST beep or bios screen. I’ve tried disconnecting all HDDs / SDD and still no BIOS screen or boot from USB.

I’ll probably pickup a second motherboard, pretty cheap on eBay but I am curious what happened to it and if something in TrueNAS could have bricked it.

WN1X

Explorer
Assuming you have confirmed the PSU is good, it does sound like the motherboard is dead.

Magneto42

Cadet
I hadn't considered a bad PSU since all the fans turn on and the HDDs spin, but I'll investigate that. Perhaps it has stopped outputting power to certain cables.