Different date / time Windows FreeNas and not connection with Windows AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrian7

Dabbler
Different date / time Windows FreeNas

I want FreeNas integrates with Active Directory in Windows 2003 Server.

The date shows me the sentence "date" in the shell of freenas is difrente Windows to date so no communication.

As I can solve and what steps should do, thank you very much.

Working with virtual machines, internal network (no exit INTERNET)

I changed the date from browser accessing FreeNas, Europe / Madrid, but the time does not change

joeschmuck

Old Man
If you had to guess, what time zone is being displayed? Is it GMT? USA West Coast?

I ask because there was an issue where the time zone was not correct but that was a long time ago.

Also provide which version of FreeNAS you are running.

adrian7

Dabbler
Freenas 8.3.1 version
Use virutal Box, when I close and keep the state of the machine FreeNas, the starting again, time is not updated, but that is in the shut the virtual machine.
I am in Spain, put Europe / Madrid but does not update when +2 hours but we are.
However, the W2k3 server if it is updated to the current time

We need to have them connected to the Internet?
Pongo FreeNas NTP server pointing to my AD server (192.168.1.1) but when starting the service fails FreeNas AD Kerberos for example

gpsguy

I have never used virtual box, but am familiar with virtualization.

After a quick Google search and a guess, I presume you have the virtualbox additions installed on your W2k3 server and it's getting it's time from the host. FN, not having access (internet) to a NTP server, doesn't get the correct time.

Could you setup your own local NTP server, that you could synchronize your W2k3 and FN VM's to?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I remember last year there was issues with FreeBSD and time between VMs and non-VMs. Not sure how to deal with the problem(or if its the same), but in that thread the answer was to stop using FreeBSD in a VM.

ToC2

Cadet
Same issue with time here. Running a lab box on vmWare. Time is out of synch on machine start up. Bios time is correct on host, can't set time in bios on VM. . Can't seem to connect to our network time server.

AD integration seems to fail when the time is out. I if I manually set the time in the shell all is good. CIFS work and AD authorizations seems to be fine.

Not ready to commit to physical install.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I am running FreeNAS in a VM with the latest version of ESXi 5. No problems with the clock at all. I have the NTP service setup in ESXi to keep the host in sync and I have NTP setup with FreeNAS. Note that I do have the correct city/state/country chosen in FreeNAS GUI to so that may have an effect(not sure). Other than that I don't know what to say. My ESXi server tracks the correct time and my FreeNAS machine tracks the correct time despite not 'synchronizing guest time with host' for the VM. Even my linux VM works just fine.

Ytsejamer1

Dabbler
I used Will's method (http://forums.freenas.org/threads/local-ntp-server-issue.8039/) to get my virtualized freenas (VBox) to get the time right. For whatever reason, 8.3.1 FN wouldn't sync the time against my DC (another VM) unless I did things manually:

Make sure your time zone is correct in the Freenas GUI then:

1) shutdown the ntpd service with "service ntpd stop" the
2) run "ntpdate <DC IP>" to force the clock to sync up
3) then restart ntpd with "service ntpd start"
-------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.