/dev/mps0 firmware v15, driver v21 mismatch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMWAz

Cadet
Yes, I've read many of the threads here regarding the firmware/driver mismatch errors and solutions.

I have the IBM 1050 card flashed as the LSI 9211 IT.

I am now getting an error that the firmware is version 15 and the driver is version 21.

Yes, the firmware needs to be updated (didn't realize it was that out of date).

However, in searching the Avago Tech downloads page for the 9211-8i firmware, it appears the current version is 20. I know that the firmware should match the driver.

I assume that even if the package P20 shows MSDOS that it is equally applicable to FreeNAS?

Should I upgrade the firmware to 20 and hope it solves my afp/Time Machine issues (asked in the Sharing forum)? Can I/should I downgrade the driver back to v20?

m0nkey_

MVP
Update your LSI to P20 and update FreeNAS to the latest version and you won't see that warning.

WMWAz

Cadet
I just updated FreeNAS this morning to U4 so that is already up to date.

I will get started on the P20 upgrade. In theory, the volume and data on the 4 drives should still be ok?

Thank you. I am hoping this firmware upgrade will take care of my Time Machine issues... fingers crossed.

WMWAz

Cadet
OMG... I am beyond frustrated :(

I am not really a Unix sysadmin. I have read very many threads here and think I know the process with one exception.

I found the correct (I believe) 2118it.bin file for firmware v20 on the Avago downloads site.

I have put that file on a USB drive and put the drive into one of the ports on my HP Microserver.

I have confirmed that the SAS card is already in IT mode so all I should need to do is

sas2flsh -o -c 0 -f 2118it.bin

How on earth do I see that file that is on the USB drive? I have tried everything in my limited Unix knowledge to see it or figure out what it might be called to mount it (do I need to) and I can't figure it out.

Dice

Wizard

WMWAz

Cadet
I finally, after merging together a few different threads, manage to get the USB mounted and the firmware upgraded to v20!

Yay.

My Alert button is now green :)

Unfortunately, I am still having Time Machine issues as documented in my other thread. I'm starting to get twitchy as it has been so long since I've had a decent series of backups of my iMac which is my primary machine at home... back to trying to solve that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.