Dell SAS 5 Bracket Fabrication

Status
Not open for further replies.

cypher1024

Dabbler
I know at least a few people here have bought the $10 Dell SAS 5 cards on eBay. The problem is that they generally don't come with a bracket. I've seen a few methods for mounting them, and suggestions for 'donor' cards with brackets that work.

After thinking about it for a while, I decided to make my own. Here is the procedure in case anyone would like to make their own:

rnvgo.jpg

b0bje

Dabbler
Very nice writeup ! Thanks :)

Going for it as soon as my cards arrive !

califrag

Dabbler
After posting this guide on another forum, it was brought to my attention that someone has found a suitable bracket for sale: http://au.element14.com/jsp/search/productdetail.jsp?SKU=1651669
Googling 'keystone 9203' yields many other suppliers.

Okay so after checking out the prices the two cheapest places had them for about $1.50, but the shipping cost was about $9.... Digikey is more expensive ($3 for the bracket) but shipping is only about $2 (to my location)... so total is actually cheaper. Just make sure you check before you buy...

http://www.keyelco.com/order.asp

Xandra

Cadet
Once you've started the first test, press Ctrl+B, then " (the double-quote key, not the single quote twice). You should now see a half-white, half-green line through the screen (in PuTTY, it's q's instead of a line, but same thing) with the test continuing in the top half of the screen and a new shell prompt in the bottom. Run the badblocks command again on the next disk, then press Ctrl+B, " again to create another shell. Continue until you've started a test on each disk. If you are connecting over SSH and your session gets disconnected, all of the tests will continue running. When you reconnect, to resume the session and view the test status, simply type:

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sorry, locking this thread. You just replied to a thread from 2011.....

Status
Not open for further replies.