Dell H200 with no SAS Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtK

Patron
Hey,
I tried to crossflash my new Dell H200 to IT following this guide:
https://techmattr.wordpress.com/201...-flashing-to-it-mode-dell-perc-h200-and-h310/

but for some reason I could not run:
Code:
sas2flash{.efi} -c 0 -list

(neither from DOS nor UEFI)

and for some reason I was able to run:
Code:
megarec.exe -cleanflash 0

and after many tries also:
Code:
sas2flash_p19.efi -o -f 2118it.bin

which means that now I don't have a SAS Address... :/

Is there anything I can/should do?

EDIT: I booted into FreeNAS and unlike before the drives connected to the H200 are being recognised... :)

Last edited:

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Guess you skipped the part where it was mentioned to do sas2flsh.exe -listall and "Write down the SAS Address and continue to the next steps"? ;)

You can manually add a SAS Address to the card using "-sasadd". FYI, don't do what others suggest by using all zeros. Be a little creative...

MtK

Patron
Guess you skipped the part where it was mentioned to do sas2flsh.exe -listall and "Write down the SAS Address and continue to the next steps"? ;)

You can manually add a SAS Address to the card using "-sasadd". FYI, don't do what others suggest by using all zeros. Be a little creative...
I didn't forget, it was not working in DOS, and when I realised I need to do that in EUFI I had already ran clearflash :/

anyway, I know I can add an address, the question is... which?
just a random (non-zero)...?

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
anyway, I know I can add an address, the question is... which?
just a random (non-zero)...?
Yep, if I recall any 16 Letters/Numbers. Just no spaces when using the command...

You can search the forums and more than likely you will see various SAS Addresses. Just plagarize one of them and change a couple characters for yours.

ethereal

Guru
is there a sticker on the card with the sas address ?

MtK

Patron
is there a sticker on the card with the sas address ?
I'm trying to keep being lazy and not go down the basement, turn off the server, take the card out and... check [emoji12]

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It'll only realistically be a problem in complex setups, like with multiple cards. In the meantime, you can make up an address that is obviously fake, like 1234567890

Stux

MVP
I'm trying to keep being lazy and not go down the basement, turn off the server, take the card out and... check [emoji12]

Yeah... but you messed up, now you should go to the basement ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.