Datasets for home of Active Directory users

spaxton

Cadet
Dear Friends,

Recently I installed TrueNAS 13 Core and encountered some issues related to datasets, user quota, etc...

First, I created a SMB share with the settings shown in the photo below...

1654153707466.png

Within this home directory which is actually used as home has been automatically created a subdirectory (and a child dataset) named by the domain name (lets call it domain) and after this, at first user logon to the share, the system automatically created subdirectories (directory created for every user who logs in) but not datasets. Only some of the users have automatically created datasets while the others are without this and it is not possible to add it manually. It actually looks like this:

1654154146928.png

Only two users with the datasets while there are six of them currently.

Second thing is that I would like to have automatically adjusted quota to 80 GB per each user. At this moment, I am able to do this only for these two users which have datasets and it needs to be added manually for each user dataset.

Is there any way to solve these situations I mentioned above?

Best Regards.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Ah, okay. I need to add a mutex to prevent enabling both of those items at the same. `home` is a legacy option and uses pam_mkhomedir to create home directories for users. This happens during the pam portion of user authentication which happens before chdir() where the datasets are created. Use one option or the other, but not both.

spaxton

Cadet
Ah, okay. I need to add a mutex to prevent enabling both of those items at the same. `home` is a legacy option and uses pam_mkhomedir to create home directories for users. This happens during the pam portion of user authentication which happens before chdir() where the datasets are created. Use one option or the other, but not both.

Hey,

Thanks for reply.

To be honest, I don't understand what You mean. Is there any box in my screenshot that I should unchek?

Best Regards.