dataset dont remember settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian78

Patron
Hi i have freenas 9.3 latest, and i have many datasets with CIFS. My problem is, that i can over CIFS create two files with "same" name like fff.txt and FFF.txt. I want setup in dataset Case Sensitivity: to Insensitive and Share type: to Windows. Settings are succesfuly saved (freenas ui header) but when i reopen dataset options, there is still Sensitive.

I try stop all services before made changes, but without succes.

Any solution over CLI?

D

dlavigne

This looks like a bug. Please create a report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

marian78

Patron
ok, i will. But i add some pictures also here:

1. create dataset:
1_create_dataset.PNG

2. check settings of created dataset. oh no, set to sensitive, why...
2_after_create_check_dataset.PNG

3. ok, lets change it back to insensitive

3_ok_change_back_to_insensitive_dataset.PNG

4. check again dataset. WTF, UNIX? Sensitive again?
4_wtf_unix_and_sensitive.PNG

Dataset from CLI:
5_dataset.PNG

EDIT: bug #8002 created: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/8002

Last edited:

HgTxRx

Cadet
I've been setting up FreeNAS and also having problems with the case sensitivity setting showing correctly in the GUI.

If I set up a new dataset with the case sensitivity set to 'insensitive' and then after it has successfully created check the settings with the GUI it shows as 'sensitive'.
If I use the the shell to check with 'zfs get all /pool1/set1' it shows the sensitivity is correct to what I set at 'insensitive'

From my testing and reading the forum you can't change the case sensitivity of an existing volume, it can only be set when the dataset is created - but I could be wrong here since if fairly new to ZFS.

Hope this helps fill in the details a little
====
Build: FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502210408

Status
Not open for further replies.