Data transfers drop after transferring approx 2gb

twitcher

Dabbler
I just bit the bullet deleted everything and started again with just a pool and just the min dataset, changed the user so I could access it no change starts off good but slows down. Thing I don't understand is on Core it worked OK with good speeds with terabytes transferred

LarsR

Guru
If it's still possible try re-creating the pool without the toshiba drive just for testing. If that drive really is a smr drive and you mixed it with cmr drives that could be your Problem.

twitcher

Dabbler
If it's still possible try re-creating the pool without the toshiba drive just for testing. If that drive really is a smr drive and you mixed it with cmr drives that could be your Problem.
Removed the Toshiba drive and recreated the pool but no change after 2gb transferred the speed drops

twitcher

Dabbler
Just tried Core again with same drives and it transferred files OK not dropping below 40MB's I have no idea what happening if Core had the plugins i want to use i wouldn't have a problem with it

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Did you try Dragonfish RC.1?

Without proper profiling I am afraid its going to be difficulty to help you unless someone has the same hardware.

somethingweird

Contributor
storage controller? (hba?)