Critical error

Status
Not open for further replies.

edct71

Cadet
Hello,
I'm having this critical error:
"CRITICAL: Feb. 5, 2018, 10:13 p.m. - Device: /dev/ada1, 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors."
Can anybody tell me how to solve it?
Thanks a lot
edct.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Can anybody tell me how to solve it?
The same way you'd solve it any of the other many times this question has come up. The search function is your friend.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I think this question comes up about once a week. It basically boils down to a bad hard drive and, if it is under warranty, you can send it back for a warranty replacement.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

edct71

Cadet
It's a WD Red NAS Hard Drive 3.0TB WD30EFRX. I thought this was one of the best.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
It's a WD Red NAS Hard Drive 3.0TB WD30EFRX. I thought this was one of the best.
How old is the system? Even if it is brand new, it can still have drive failures. I have told this on here several times (I feel like a broken record) but one of the servers I manage at work has 60 drive bays and it is filled with 6TB WD Red Pro drives. When we put that server in service a little over a year ago, we had to replace two drives within the first two months and another after about three months more and another about three months after that. Four drive failures (one catastrophic) the others were bad sectors and all before the server was nine months old. It has been in service for just over a year now and I anticipate having to change more drives in that system before we are done with it.
If I recall correctly, I had to change a few more than a dozen drives at work last year (13 or 14, just in the servers I support) and more than a dozen more in the workstations. Drives fail all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.