Creating ZFS Datasets in v8-beta2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbray

Explorer
When making a ZFS Dataset there is a line to enter: Reserved space for this dataset:
I enter 100G. Later when I check via 'Edit ZFS Options' it is Correct and seems to work properly, it still shows 100G.

But on the following line for: Reserved space for this dataset and all children: I enter 50G. Later when I check it in 'Edit ZFS Options' it is blank. If I edit it then, the system seems to accept it and save it correctly.

Posted here because I'm a noob and couldn't find it elsewhere.
I don't think my hardware is the issue but I am running v8-BETA2-AMD64 on
ASUS P5G41T-M mobo
Intel E5400 CPU
4GB DDR-3
5 Seagate 500GB 7200 6GB SATA in RAIDZ
Pat-riot 2GB USB Stick

Thanks for ALL youins hard work
CB

cbray

Explorer
BETA 3 appeared while I was entering that post. I will check to see if the bug is still in or not.

cbray

Explorer
Create ZFS Dataset Reserved

I just installed Beta3 amd64 and the bug is still there.

Now I created another Dataset called test.
I entered 150G and 100G for the two reservations of space at the bottom.
I exited data creation and went to 'Edit ZFS options and it still had not saved the "Reserved space for this dataset and all children:" number.
It loses the number for "Reserved space for this dataset and all children:"
On top of that I am unable to "Destroy Dataset" on my test datasets, so now I have run out of disk space.
On top of all that my Volume disk space seemed to be way off the mark on how much disk space I really have.

rut-roh

I just found that my Firefox v3.6.18 was not showing the screen go red and the Are you Sure? box. It shows up in my IE8 version/build 8.0.7601.17514 and also Chrome.
OMG! Now I go back to Firefox and now it also works properly...

... and please remember that the first straw weighs the same as the last straw.

argh
CnooB

cbray

Explorer
I am my own best friend :)

If you add a dataset in 8-beta3 and enter 100G for Reserved space for this dataset:
and you add 150G for Reserved space for this dataset and all children:

after it creates the dataset and you go back to edit it,
not only is the 'Reserved space for this dataset and all children:' Zero, but the Reserved space for this dataset: has the 150 in it and not the 100.
no matter what the numbers entered during Creation of the dataset are, Reserved space for this dataset: will always contain the number you entered for 'Reserved space for this dataset and all children:'
and 'Reserved space for this dataset and all children:' will be 0

Gee Yogi I sure hope the ranger doesn't see this mess we've made....

CB

Status
Not open for further replies.