Created both Freenas and Pandora webgroup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have been working my way through following the guide on how to create an accessible NAS for all the PC's in my house and somewhere along the lines, while I was configuring everything, something titled Pandora started to show up under Network > Computer and I can't access it because I don't know the username for it... what is Pandora and why do I have both Freenas and Pandora for storage options?

P.S. In the guide it shows them being created under Network > Media Devices but mine show up under Network > Computer. Am I doing something wrong?

rm-r

Contributor
have a link to the guide? did you install something additional in a jail?

sounds like you have set up another sharing service.... or you have called your FreeNAS box "Pandora" ;)

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Windows_(CIFS)_Shares

^* This is the part of the main guide that I am on, I have not gotten to the jail topic yet

Maybe I am doing this wrong so I'm going to explain what I had done. I created 4 Windows (CIFS) Shares: 2 freenas for anonymous access to 1. movie server and 2. game server and then master access for my PC to both the movie server and the game server because I wasn't sure if I needed them, and it was while I was doing all of that when the Pandora option showed up.

I set up the box to be called FreeNAS like the guide did but for my 4 cifs shares, they are named 1. freenas, 2. freenas 3. master, 4. master.

rm-r

Contributor
does Pandora disappear if you just disable CIFS?

Just turned of CIFS and now it says that I can't access FreeNAS but Pandora still asks me for a password when I click on it :/

rm-r

Contributor
shut down the NAS - is Pandora still there?

When I had the NAS shutdown, both FreeNAS and Pandora were not listed, both popped up as soon as I turned the server on though.

rm-r

Contributor
what ip iaddress do you get if you ping the pandora? same as freenas?

rm-r

Contributor
open a command prompt and type "ping pandora" then see if you get results and paste them here - make sure freenas box is on

Ok so I did that, and when I did ping pandora, I got "ping: cannot resolve pandora: Unknown host". When I do ping freenas though, it gets through fine and gave the packet transmission statistics and everything.

rm-r

Contributor
did you install any plugins?

Status
Not open for further replies.