I have the following plugins running:
transmission
teamspeak
plex
sickrage
sabnzdb
pydio
openvpn

Last plugins i installed were openvpn and sabnzdb. Earlier today i noticed that my cpu showed a lot of spikes up to about 25%. It occurs about every minute. When i look at the shell using "top" i see that its a python process that pops up to the top using anything between 10-40% cpu for about a second then disappears again.

Seeing i figured that one of my jails that in installed last are/were the culprit i tried stopping the jails one by one to see if the cpu spikes disappeared.
actions taken:

- disabling the plugin for sabnzdb (didn't work)
-stopping the jail for sabnzdb (didn't work)
- stopping openvpn jail (didn't work)
- stopping sickrage jail (didn't work)
- rebooting the entire server

as I'm seeing plex, transmission in the top processes aswell, i doubted they were the culprit, and seeing i have those running for months allready...

So basicly, any hints on how to find out whats causing the python process to go nuts, then disappear again?
Let me know if you need any more info.

Attachments

• cpu-spike.jpg
    cpu-spike.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 207

Scareh

Contributor
an update on this:

after the reboot, apparntly my jail for sabzndb didn't come back up, when i restarted the jail manually the new situation came to be:

every hour at 25 past the hour, and on the hour itself i get a spike on the cpu again, the same process spikes to about 40-45% of my cpu.
again, any hints are appreciated.

Attachments

• cpu-spike2.jpg
    cpu-spike2.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 201

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Probably has something to do with your jails. Maybe one of them is polling the fs to check for me things on an interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.