copying odd .zip or ,msi file causing smb service to freeze

dazza64

Cadet
Anyone experienced problems with .zip or .msi files writing to smb shares ???
I've recently come across a several .zip files and 2x .msi files which cause smb shares to timeout when the files are transferred from windows. Dozens of other zip and msi files transfer without incident, but it would appear these files don't complete verification after transfer.
Windows file copy shows 0 bytes remaining but then times out and after several minutes you get the retry cancell box. Any other attempt to access the share eventually generates a network device not available message.
If you shell in, you can see the file has been copied. If you rm the file, the windows system immediately resumes operation and the share is no longer "frozen".
I've tested on dozens of shares on both 11.2 and 11.3 systems and have tried every possible permissions permutation with no effect. As I said above, it copies 99.x% of these files, only failing on a mere handful. So far I've only noticed it on compressed/containerised files. These same files copy to NFS shares or iSCSI targets with a hitch.
Anyone else experienced this???

dazza64

Cadet
Anyone experienced problems with .zip or .msi files writing to smb shares ???
I've recently come across a several .zip files and 2x .msi files which cause smb shares to timeout when the files are transferred from windows. Dozens of other zip and msi files transfer without incident, but it would appear these files don't complete verification after transfer.
Windows file copy shows 0 bytes remaining but then times out and after several minutes you get the retry cancell box. Any other attempt to access the share eventually generates a network device not available message.
If you shell in, you can see the file has been copied. If you rm the file, the windows system immediately resumes operation and the share is no longer "frozen".
I've tested on dozens of shares on both 11.2 and 11.3 systems and have tried every possible permissions permutation with no effect. As I said above, it copies 99.x% of these files, only failing on a mere handful. So far I've only noticed it on compressed/containerised files. These same files copy to NFS shares or iSCSI targets with a hitch.
Anyone else experienced this???
that should read:: NFS shares or iSCSI target "WITHOUT" a hitch ;-)