Constant accesses with AFP share and ZFS RAID-Z1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RotsiserMho

Dabbler
Hi all,

I'm new to FreeNAS and just recently set up my server. Everything is going peachy except for one annoying thing. If I set up an AFP share to my RAID-Z1 volume (3x2TB) and mount the share on my iMac, I hear a periodic disk access every second or so. The drives also do not go into standby/idle/spindown. I have two other AFP shares (1.5TB each) that are not in a RAID-Z configuration (but are ZFS) but I do not hear any disk access from them. If I set up the RAID-Z1 share as CIFS (and remove the AFP share) I do not hear the disk access. While the drive was mounted I used lsof to list any files in use on the volume but don't see any. I've also searched both this forum and Google but have had no luck.

Any ideas as to what may be causing this problem? I'm probably fine using CIFS shares but since I have a Mac I assumed AFP made more sense. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

EDIT: I have confirmed that this problem occurs with the other two (1.5TB) volumes as well. It seems to be something to do with AFP. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.