consol menu missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

robkenbat

Cadet
I downloaded FREEnas okay and burnt the iso file to CD. Also plugged in a USB drive to the computer I want the nas on.
installing the software was impossible as no consol menu appeared to give a choice of drive to install freenas.

All I got was a scrolling of files, ending with a da0 fault code.

I tried redownloading 32 and 64 bit and burnt 5 CDs, all to no effect. The same result each time ???

Any ideas???

joeschmuck

Old Man
Try to boot the CD without the USB drive. I suspect it will boot fine. If so, try another USB Flash drive, 2GB or larger, do not use USB3 Flash drive or a USB3 port.
You didn't specify which version of FreeNAS you were trying to use either but I would suggest 8.0.3-RC3 and expect the final release of that version soon.

If the above suggestion doesn't work, what is your system hardware setup (be specific)?

robkenbat

Cadet
Thanks for replying.
I've tried all of those suggestions and have downloaded 8.0.3 beta 1 and burnt the iso. Same result.
The message I get at the end of the file installation seems to indicate it's loking to install on the CD drive ???

Error message is: trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/mdo /dev/dao
unknown class 'daeman' fstab: /etc/fstab:0: No such directory

The PC I want to make into an NAS is an AMD quad core 9850 with 4 GB RAM.
I've tried 64 and 32 bit iso files.

It's a very strange one this??

next morning.

Sorted it!! I used an old laptop and bingo, got the Console menu. Still don't know why the nas pc wouldn't cooperate though!

Status
Not open for further replies.