Connecting TrueNAS Scale through boingo

eatapoptart

Cadet
I have been trying to find a solution to my specific circumstances regarding internet and how limited my options are for changing certain settings.

I just built a TrueNAS Scale box that is currently working well with SMB and is connected to the network through my main computer using an ethernet cable and using windows network sharing. I want to use kubernetes to create a media server with plex and lancache but I have spent the last few days trying to get the apps catalog to sync. I have tried static routes, static IPs and a couple other things before realizing that I have Boingo as a provider. I am in a dorm situation where I don't have access to the networking systems other than what I can access from my computers.

I believe I need to sign into Boingo through a browser to connect the NAS to the outside internet but there is no browser native to the OS. If anyone has any info for me I would be very thankful. I have been looking forward to using this box to help with local storage to get around Boingo's awful download speeds. Also I don't have access to any sort of physical ethernet connection to the network, WiFi only. Thats why the NAS is connected through the other pc as it seems that TrueNAS doesn't have wifi capabilities.

If it is needed the NAS specs are:
version: TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.0
10900 on a z590e motherboard
128GB of ram
14TB mirrored pool HDD
1TB L2Arc SSD (don't really know if I need this but it was just laying around)
GTX 970 for video transcoding if I ever get to that point
These are most likely overkill but they were an older pc that wasn't being used so I repurposed it.