Connecting to TrueNAS ... Make sure the TrueNAS system is powered on and connected to the network.

Hi Guys,

New to the Forum here and thought I'd ask around as I'm stressing out over this...
  • Motherboard: Supermicro H11SSL-i Motherboard
  • CPU: AMD EPYC 7551P CPU 32 Cores
  • RAM: 128GB
  • Hard drives: 1x Boot (120GB M.2), Pool 1 (4x8TB Raid 6? Z2), Pool 2 (10x16TB Raid 6? Z3 - In a JBOD)
  • Hard disk controllers: Unsure
  • Network cards: I do but unsure on what it is.
I've recently purchased new larger storage and was looking to move my old pool into my new JBOD caddy alongside my new Pool which I have created.

The data was moved over and was ready to be completely wiped and started afresh.

When I went to export/disconnect to wipe the hdds I had a message saying it was in use.. On backing out I noticed my controllers (HDD temp, Network etc) were no longer monitoring so though I'd restart my server to see if it would prompt it to boot.

On reboot however it's now stuck in a perpetual loop - I'm able to see it running on the web gui however its stuck saying
1695233369283.png

Looking at the server itself the last thing its stuck on is
PXL_20230920_175323378.jpg

I'm concerned that somehow some OS files got deleted from the old pool - which is preventing it from loading properly.

Another concern is losing all my data which I have on my pools as I was unable to export the pool before this incident - Nor is any of the data backed up externally (Yes I know I should have thought of this, and was on my list to do (even have the LTO drives accordingly)

I think the main thing is I need to know is - Is there a way to roll this back via the boot menu or anything, as I'm unable to even access the server via the web gui. None of my SMBs or ISCIs are running either.

Failing the above - If I were to do a fresh installation is there anyway to reconnect the pools without having previously exported them?

Thanks for any help!

To add to the above I had upgraded from CORE to Scale but don't believe I did a fresh installation at the time which I believe kept some old CORE files around which I do not if they were deleted.