Community Plugins show "N/A" for the version

SlackerDude

Explorer
Has anyone else noticed that the community plugins are showing "N/A" as the version?

thayes

Cadet
This has happened on two systems I run. Both started doing this somewhere around U3.1 or U4. Both systems show a version for the first two iXsystems plugins (Asigra & Iconik) and then nothing for the rest of the iXsystems or community plugins. Refreshing doesn't seem to help.

Both system were originally running 11 and were upgraded to 12 when U1 was released. After the upgrade to 12 they were initially OK and it was only on a later upgrade that the version numbers started to go missing.

flikamasha

Cadet
I have this as well for Community Plugins but also for all iXsystems plugins except Asigra and Iconik.

Momos

Dabbler
Same, only Asigra and Iconik have version numbers. For begginers this creates a bigger problem as i have no idea if an update exists or not.

Moskito

Cadet
Same for me.
Only Asigra and Iconik have version numbers.

flikamasha

Cadet
Same, only Asigra and Iconik have version numbers. For begginers this creates a bigger problem as i have no idea if an update exists or not.

I was just been creating another copy of the plugin and if its version is newer ill delete it then update my main one. But now im just going ahead and stopping the plugin and clicking update. If there is one available itll get it, if not then no change lol.

SlackerDude

Explorer
Sorry for the late update on this issue. It appears to have been resolved, I now see version on most items in the community list.

ddaenen1

Patron
Sorry for the late update on this issue. It appears to have been resolved, I now see version on most items in the community list.
This is only after you upgraded to U6. In U5.1 they are still missing and i am waiting for U6.1 because i don't see why i need to upgrade to a version that still has GUI issues.

SlackerDude

Explorer
I did not realize the issue was still an issue, my apologies. I have removed the "Solved" prefix on this thread for the time being. Any idea when U6.1 is due to release?

ddaenen1

Patron
I did not realize the issue was still an issue, my apologies. I have removed the "Solved" prefix on this thread for the time being. Any idea when U6.1 is due to release?

No sweat. I know it is fixed in U6 but this update introduces other issues so i refrain from updating until the next update, providing it will fix both the version issue and the GUI issues introduced in U6.

Just for the record, i would strongly recommend you to consider something more robust for bootdrives. I actually ran of a USB stick for some time until it fried. Luckily i had a recent config file so no harm done but since then, i opted for SSD's in mirror.

SlackerDude

Explorer
ust for the record, i would strongly recommend you to consider something more robust for boot drives.
You are absolutely correct. I plan to replace those mirrored USB flash drives with a couple of SSD's. I used them at the time of build-out due to cost constraints. I actually want to upgrade the motherboard/CPU combo to better support six data and two boot drives but have not taken the time to shop out suitable components. A task for future me (LOL).