Cloning Score all its parts

Videoman

Cadet
Hi to all new to all this.

Is there a way to clone the boot drive of TRUENAS SCORE for when it fails. I did try to place 2 boot drives when installing but it did not work for me.

I did do a NAT file save but it only reset the boot drive and not the pools. Maybe be I am using it wrong.

Any help must welcome.

LarsR

Guru
You can manually safe the config file and reimport it when your boot device fails and you have to install on a new madia.
Do a clean install and after the install is finished re-import your saved config and after a reboot everything will be back.

Videoman

Cadet
Well thanks for the quirk reply! The problem is I do not understand it. It's me I never done but in Windows.

1. how to save the config file?
2. Re-imported after re boot.
If some one could point me to the subject areas so I can read them or videos.

I do have TrueNas SCORE running with two databases.

Thank you.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
@Videoman, both functions are available under System->General. To save the config, you "Save Config". To restore the config, use "Upload Config". When you "Save Config", make sure to check all available boxes. Then look in your Downloads folder for the config backup.

Videoman

Cadet
Thanks so much. Fallowed your very good directions it and did it. Hope I do not have to use it.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
I run that every week, and keep the last 2 weeks' config backups, so if I have to restore, I'm at most 14 days of configuration changes out of date. As I don't change configurations very often, this is good enough for me.