cifs iso share error xenserver

nk7

Cadet
I am trying to setup cifs iso share to use with Xenserver version 7.1. Runing freenas version FreeNAS-11.2-U4.1. I was able to access the cifs iso share using windows pc, but when I try to setup storage repository (SR) using xencenter it throws error "unable to mount the directory specified in device configuration request". I tried all possible permissions, even enabling guest access and everyone access still get same error. Contacted Citrix support, after troubleshooting they said it could be an issue associated with freenas. I have no issue attaching ISO SR if the cifs share is created under windows environment. Wondering is there any bug in freenas version 11.2 which causing this error. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture-1.PNG
    Capture-1.PNG
    98.7 KB · Views: 2,161

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I am trying to setup cifs iso share to use with Xenserver version 7.1. Runing freenas version FreeNAS-11.2-U4.1. I was able to access the cifs iso share using windows pc, but when I try to setup storage repository (SR) using xencenter it throws error "unable to mount the directory specified in device configuration request". I tried all possible permissions, even enabling guest access and everyone access still get same error. Contacted Citrix support, after troubleshooting they said it could be an issue associated with freenas. I have no issue attaching ISO SR if the cifs share is created under windows environment. Wondering is there any bug in freenas version 11.2 which causing this error. Any help is appreciated.
Try turning on SMB1 support under Services->SMB.

nk7

Cadet
It worked. I really appreciate taking the time and replying to my question. Thanks a lot.:)