CIFS error "Unable to save permission changes on folder , the parameter is incorrect"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenodj

Cadet
Hy all!

I have a problem with CIFS

i installed FreeNas for FTP

i follow step by step guide, no problem for setup.

We integrate FreeNas on our AD and all working fine

I made CIFS share and my permission are

user : domain admin
groups : domain admins

user and groups have full control on the share please refer to "Permissions_1" image

I try to manage ACL via Windows, i log on to my machine (xp, 7 or 2k8 is the same) go to properties on my share and see that permission are not inherited, (Permissions_2) if i try to add them i received error "parameter is incorrect" (Permissions_3)

Unfortunately i don't know nothing regarding manage FreeNas via CLI, can someone help me?

we need only to manage an FTP and don't want to use a windows license.... i know that FreeNas is the best to do this!

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Permissions_1.JPG
    Permissions_1.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 406
  • Permissions_2.JPG
    Permissions_2.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 410
  • Permissions_3.JPG
    Permissions_3.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 519

jtorres

Cadet
It seems this is an issue with only the UFS file system. I was running on older hardware that is right on the edge of the ZFS recommendations, I tried ZFS to see what happened and it seems to work well. No "Unable to save permission changes on folder , the parameter is incorrect" error. Guess I'll be upgrading hardware a bit and going with ZFS.

kiss.dani

Cadet
Re: CIFS error "Unable to save permission changes on folder , the parameter is incorr

Hi

8.3.1 still the sam error. Any other solution? I got only 3GB ;(

pepsiflat

Cadet
Re: CIFS error "Unable to save permission changes on folder , the parameter is incorr

I just did what jtorres said, replacing UFS format by ZFS and the error message has completely disappeared. I'm now able to set Windows permissions and it works well !!
FreeNAS 8.3.1 64bits.

reason

Dabbler
It seems this is an issue with only the UFS file system. I was running on older hardware that is right on the edge of the ZFS recommendations, I tried ZFS to see what happened and it seems to work well. No "Unable to save permission changes on folder , the parameter is incorrect" error. Guess I'll be upgrading hardware a bit and going with ZFS.

I completely agree. I just setup a test instance utilizing UFS and ZFS and ZFS has no problem.

The question is: Why does it not work with UFS?

I have been spinning my heels and wheels on this for years but no one has quite come to this conclusion until ZFS became prevalent with later version of 8 and 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.