Chelsio T520-CR

Has anyone built the UWire full package or iSCSI Target offload specific drivers in SCALE (21.08) and had it work? I have been getting errors or missing packages.
Code:
dpkg: error: cannot access archive '/root/ChelsioUwire-3.15.0.0/debrules/debinaries/chelsio-series4-firmware-3.15.0.0*': No such file or directory

XtremeOwnage

Cadet
Were you able to figure out anything? I have been trying to get the drivers compiled for a Chelsio Terminator T6, and have been encountering the same issue.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
TrueNAS is not a general Linux OS, and you are not expected to be able to do this. There are no compilers, linkers, etc., on the appliance platform.

If there is something you feel is missing, file a Jira ticket and see what the developers say.

XtremeOwnage

Cadet
What you mean to say- users aren't expected to be able to use compilers, linkers, etc on the platform, and TrueNAS is provided as an appliance.

However, given TrueNAS is based on debian linux, it is infact, linux, and does include compilers, linkers, etc.

It even includes the headers, for compiling source under /usr/src.

This issue isn't directed at TrueNAS support, but, rather, users attempting to get 40/100GBe offload nic drivers installed and working.

For this particular issue, the expectation isn't that ixsystems will support this at all. Its fully expected for compiling custom drivers to not be "supported" by ixsystems.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
What you mean to say- users aren't expected to be able to use compilers, linkers, etc on the platform, and TrueNAS is provided as an appliance.

However, given TrueNAS is based on debian linux, it is infact, linux, and does include compilers, linkers, etc.

No, I mean to say what I say. Just because TrueNAS is built on top of Debian does not make it a general purpose Debian. There seems to be a bunch of confusion from the incoming newbies about what an appliance is. It's a prepackaged system and you are not expected to be tinkering under the hood. If you feel something is missing, post a Jira ticket. The fact that you might be able to hammer on the thing to make it do what you want because it looks sort of like another operating system where such things are supported does not mean that TrueNAS is just Debian.