Chelsio N310 10GbE will not work, please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugblatter

Cadet
Hi there,
ich have a (multiple) Chelsio N310 Cards and when i try to use them with FreeNAS i get the following error message:

cxgb_t3fw: could not load firmware image, error 2
cxgbc0: Could not find firmware image cxgb_t3fw
cxgb0: no link .......

I already checked:
the forum, for 3 hours, if i somehow missed a relevant post i am deeply sorry and are willing to read this first if pointed out to me

I also checked:
all cards are working fine with my xserve
all cards are working with my microHP Server and Windows
none of the cards work with 8.0.2 Release or 8.0.3 Beta1, but i have not checked older versions
none of the cards work with FreeNAS, i tried 3 Boards, different CPU/RAM and the microHP
all cards should be supported by FreeBSD and FreeNAS according to the documentation, the Chelsio T3 cards are even recommended for FreeNAS

Please if there is anyone who is able to help me i will be immensely grateful, please point me in the right direction!
If there is no fix to my problem i would be greatly interested in working 10 Gigabit Ethernet NICs, so feel free to inform me of your setup.

Thank you all in advance, Bugblatter

Bugblatter

Cadet
Alternatives?

Hi you guys out there reading this,
if no one has an idea what could be wrong with my Chelsio card, i would also settle for another card.
Is there anyone already running FreeNAS with 10GbE who can point me to a card which definetly works? PCIe would be prefered but i am also willing to shell out for a new (or old) mainboard if this is the only option...

I would really like to get this think working with 10GbE...
Thank you in advance for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.