checkbox for "acl allow execute always"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasak

Dabbler
Hello. There is new boolean configuration option in samba 4.1.0 named "acl allow execute always"

After update to Samba 4 you cannot execute ".exe" files right from share without this option, like you did that on Samba 3.6. Adding this option make files execute as needed.

Adding "acl allow execute always = true" to "auxiliary parameters" in CIFS config does the trick. But it would be much better if such button appear in CIFS parameters.

Thanks

D

dlavigne

Please create a feature request at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

kasak

Dabbler
No, I have registered, noticed that I can do nothing and after that deleted my account.

D

dlavigne

Please register and try again. Message me with the error if it won't let you create an issue and we'll get it sorted.

D

dlavigne

Your account is showing as active. What happens when you click New Issue?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You sign into your account, then click the "home" in the top right corner, then the FreeNAS project link on the right side of the page.. then "new issue". It should be found right below the FreeNAS logo, 5th option...

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Oh! Found it! i'm so sorry, I'm not familiar with redmine

You win the dunce cap today. ;) It's all good though. You aren't the first to not see it even though it's in plain sight. ;)

D

dlavigne

Is it just me mis-remembering or did we used to be able to include images in forum posts without having to upload them to some site on the Internet first?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Is it just me mis-remembering or did we used to be able to include images in forum posts without having to upload them to some site on the Internet first?

yes it used to work. But you know.. since the forums have so many problems that are higher priority and ignored anyway, so why bother?

indy

Patron
Just what my setup was missing, thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.