changing a mirror pool to a striped pool

I currently have a pair of WD Red 2tb drives in a mirror pool running freenas 11.2U2 I want to remove the second drive as a mirror and instead stripe both drives to be able to access 4tb.

do I just detach the second drive from the command line and then add it to the first drive as a striped pool or do I export the pool and only import a single drive? im assuming this wont work as it will just be looking for another drive to re-create the mirror.

I did some searching and have seen lots of posts about adding drives or replacing drives but not much about changing from a mirror to a stripe. I assume that since both drives have the same data on them that you should be able to do this without loosing anything?

Yorick

Wizard
Assumption: You are exceedingly chill with losing all your pool data at some point in the future, when one of your drives starts showing errors.

That assumption clearly stated: Detach the existing drive, possibly from command line, then in UI, choose to add another single-drive vdev to the pool and use the drive you just detached.

Voila, pool with two single drive vdevs and zero redundancy. Add more single-drive vdevs as the mood strikes you.

If you ever have a change of heart, buy as many drives as you have single-drive vdevs, attach a new drive to each single-drive vdev, and be back in the land of the sane where we have redundancy for our pools.

im not concerned about perpetual uptime and I could use the extra space plus I have offline storage where all my backups are kept.

thanks for the response!