Change from FreeNAS-Corral-RELEASE to latest release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chbla

Explorer
Hi there,

I've got a working server (proliant) with 4 harddisks still running BuildFreeNAS-Corral-RELEASE.
As I have finally got time to change this to the latest release, I would like to get rid of Corral.

Can anyone tell me HOW to actually do this (in the safest and easiest way possible)?

Thank you very much for your help,
Christoph

chbla

Explorer
Thanks for the link!

Regarding the questions:

You did not create any datasets with Windows permissions with a build of Corral from March or later and did not manually enable aclmode=discard_chmod for any datasets. If you did, see below.
Unfortunately I don't remember this..

You did not upgrade your pools after the update to Corral. You can check this by running zpool status from the Unix shell. If you're offered to upgrade the pool, you're good to go! If not, see below.
It doesn't seem to show anything about updates.

You are not using Docker. If you are, see below.
I used it, but I already moved away all containers.

You did not make major changes to your setup (completely new users, for instance). If you did, start a new thread, explain your situation, and we'll try to help you.
I'm unsure as this is already a while ago.

I also do not have any 9.10 backups, I think this was a new installation.
I don't mind if I have to reconfigure freenas, I just cannot lose any data and I have no second options to temporary move it to...

So - what do I do next? I'm scared to do anything wrong..

chbla

Explorer
Can I just boot a recent image? Or do I need to transform anything?

danb35

Hall of Famer
IIRC, the issues with pool features under FN10 arose when it was based on FreeBSD 10, while the release version of FreeNAS was based on FreeBSD 9. The new version of FreeBSD introduced some new feature flags which weren't completely backward-compatible. However, the current release of FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD 11.2, which should incorporate anything that was in Corral.

Install FreeNAS 11.2 to a fresh USB stick and see if you can import your pool. I'd expect it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.