Category error in SickRage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadHazard

Explorer
Okay, what does this error message suggest to everyone? Looks to me like I've neglected some configuration option either in SickRage or in SABnzbd. Any hints?

Code:
2015-12-22 09:17:22 Thread-37 :: Failed doing webui callback: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 271, in async_call
    result = function(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 4319, in getNewznabCategories
    success, tv_categories, error = tempProvider.get_newznab_categories()
  File "/usr/pbi/sickrage-amd64/share/sickrage/SickRage/sickbeard/providers/newznab.py", line 128, in get_newznab_categories
    for category in data.caps.categories.findAll('category'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'categories'

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I see no mention of sabnzbd categories. looks like an error related to newznab. is there a support forum for the new sickrage repo? if not they do have a github page for issues.

RoadHazard

Explorer
For the time being, I gave up on SickRage and started using Sonarr instead. And so far, it works. Nice GUI and no category errors.

Someday I may go back and try to figure out how to properly configure SickRage, but right now I have no particular incentive to do so.

Rudi Pittman

Contributor
Interesting because even though the category error is showing up everything in sickrage is working fine for me...shows are downloading via nzb or torrent....other than the fact they show up in the log I'm finding no evidence of bad behavior due to the error.

Rudi Pittman

Contributor
Ironically I decided to try sonarr to compare and IT gave me an error when configuring sabnzbd because it was trying to assign a category of "tv" but when I click save it keeps telling me category tv does not exist. It had errors in the log very similar to sickrage....would be ironic if all you needed to do to stop the errors in sickrage was remove the category assigned to it.

Rudi Pittman

Contributor
Do you have a tv category in SAB?

I do NOW but not when all this started. I'm trying both and still not sure which I will settle on...I certainly like some things about sonarr but others are not nearly as intuitive as sickrage appeared.

None of the tutorials I looked at that mentioned sabnzbd showed configuring a tv category for downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.