Card Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not use a Dynex Card Reader for your Flash Memory Boot Disk.
I purchased a Dynex DX-CRDRD "All-in-One Internal Card Reader" and installed it in my new box. I purchased the fastest SD card I could find and ran the a CD I made from the ISO downloaded from freenas.org. Everything went well with a couple of hitches but eventually the box would boot from the SD Flash Card. After a long experiment with configuration, I clicked the REBOOT link in the Web Browser user interface. When the box restarted, it could no find the boot volume (SD Flash Memory Card). I forced the box to power down, then pushed the power button and the box booted like it should. I tried this several times with the same results, it would not reboot but would start-up from a power down condition. I removed the SD card and placed it in a USB dongle and the box would reboot as it should. I assume there is a problem with using the Dynex Card reader because it appears as multiple volumes to the hardware and the BIOS can not find the Boot Volume as it should unless it is completely powered down.

Status
Not open for further replies.