Can't update Plex plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
You really need to get a handle on the basics of FreeNAS/ZFS. The terminology is important. You don't NEED datasets, but they are handy and make things easier.

Please read this when you have a chance:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ning-vdev-zpool-zil-and-l2arc-for-noobs.7775/

As for your 'Add Storage' window, everything looks like it should work. The only thing that I notice about your other screenshot is how many duplicates you have mapped to your Plex plugin jail. It is odd to see that.

BeeoHat

Explorer
Thanks again for your patience, Pirateghost. I've started on a review of the URL you attached, but from what I can tell, it doesn't deal with the terms I'm unsure of. It's more about ZFS and disk storage alternatives.
As for your 'Add Storage' window, everything looks like it should work
My problem is, it doesn't work!
add your storage to point to your media files
If you could just walk me thru this final step, I think I'd have it conquered.

After you add the storage you have to go into the plex web page and setup a few things from there.

For instance if you added storage from:

/mnt/PRIME/MOVIES

To:

/mnt/Movies

In the Plex media server page you would add the directory

/mnt/Movies

to the Movies section.

All of the storage you have currently showing is for the "PlexMediaServer Plugin" you need to add it for the new jail you setup which will be different.

Here is an example of my setup jails and storage. I have all of my movies, photo's, music and other stuff in one directory so I just share it in one swipe rather than multiple small ones.

jails.jpg

storage.jpg

plex.jpg

BeeoHat

Explorer
Well, after several hours of trying, and tremendous assistance offered by this community forum, I have succeeded in updating my Plex Media Server (via a new jail, not a plugin) and it works flawlessly with the new Apple TV, providing perfect access to all my media. I'm so thankful to all who helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.