Can't see disks 5-7

BSTAMPER

Dabbler
OK so I have a TrueNAS setup running current updates/OS. Its an DL380p Gen 8. Originally I put the onboard HP P420i into HBA mode and used the disks in it. It worked fine for the most part and would crash occasionally (likely due to this). I bought a recommended storage controller (LSI 6Gbps SAS HBA LSI 9200-8i) and the expansion bay kit for it and now have another 4 new drives. I put them in, created a new pool. Everything good. Moved all my VM's over to it. Then realized I had a 3 other small SSD's laying around and figured well I have the bays I might as well use them so I went ahead and put them in. When I booted up I'm now seeing only 1 of the original 4 new I put in and the 3 new ones. I'm not sure what is causing this. I pulled them, booted back up, and sure enough the original 4 new are back. Any Idea on this.

BSTAMPER

Dabbler
OK so I have a TrueNAS setup running current updates/OS. Its an DL380p Gen 8. Originally I put the onboard HP P420i into HBA mode and used the disks in it. It worked fine for the most part and would crash occasionally (likely due to this). I bought a recommended storage controller (LSI 6Gbps SAS HBA LSI 9200-8i) and the expansion bay kit for it and now have another 4 new drives. I put them in, created a new pool. Everything good. Moved all my VM's over to it. Then realized I had a 3 other small SSD's laying around and figured well I have the bays I might as well use them so I went ahead and put them in. When I booted up I'm now seeing only 1 of the original 4 new I put in and the 3 new ones. I'm not sure what is causing this. I pulled them, booted back up, and sure enough the original 4 new are back. Any Idea on this.
Additional info here. I decided to dig in a little. Rebooted and jumped into the SAS Config. It is indeed seeing all 7 drives. Pic below. But when I boot, Truenas only sees 4 total and the 3 smaller ones I added seem to replace 3 of my other new ones. Seems to be something FreeNas is doing but not sure why. Attached are also two outputs of /var/log/messages of bootup with and without the 3 smaller drives.
2021-05-17_6-33-14.png

2021-05-17_6-39-35.png

Attachments

• 192.168.69.247-05-17-06-57.txt
    127.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 192.168.69.247-05-17-06-49.txt
    85.1 KB · Views: 140

BSTAMPER

Dabbler
OK so after more research I saw someone talking about the firmware. Figured it can't hurt to give that a whirl. I followed this guide here Firmware Upgrade. And while its a bit dated. It did fix it! I'm not sure if this is the latest firmware or not but it got me where I need to be!