Can't reboot or shutdown - CCB request completed with error

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Prince

Dabbler
Hi,

I woke up this morning and couldn't connect to my FreeNAS network drives.

I can connect to the web interface but am not able to reboot or shutdown. It says "Unhandled exception".
I can't open console in web interface - it just hangs on loading. I can't connect via Putty.

Errors present in remote console:
https://gyazo.com/73bad5a5561c65f8db6d886330c31396

I did reboot the system from web interface yesterday for the first time in months. But it came back up as normal. I've not changed anything in a very long time.

Any help gratefully received.

System:
FreeNAS-9.2.1.8-RELEASE-x64 (e625626)
Supermicro-x10sll-f
i3-4160 CPU
16GB EEC

joeschmuck

Old Man
This is just a hunch and not based on any facts but maybe your boot device is corrupt.

You will need to provide more details in order to troubleshoot this problem but I'd create a backup of the config file if you haven't already.

So now you need to find out what is going on and unfortunaely you don't really include much data on your system nor how you use it so I'm just going to get the ball rolling here with tests I'd run if I woke up and found my system hung.

1) Create a backup of the config file.
2) Power down the computer and boot up MemTest86 and run it for 3 complete passes.
3) While the computer is running I'd inspect all of the fans to ensure they are running properly.
4) Run a CPU stress test for 30 minutes.
5) If I had USB Flash Drive(s) as the boot device I'd replace it/them and reinstall FreeNAS and restore my config file. Actually if these are USB Flash drives I'd seriously consider replacing them wtih a single SSD. The sales are very good this time of the year. Also, even if I had a SSD installed right now, I'd likely rebuild the boot device just to ensure it's a clean system.
6) Run SMART Extended Test on all hard drives.
7) Run a SCRUB.

Hope this helps.

David Prince

Dabbler
Thank you very much.

I had a backup of the config and have done memtest and cpu test. Replacing the usb drive has solved it. I'll pick up a cheap SSD soon.

Currently doing SMART and SCRUB.

Thanks again.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.