Can't log into virtualbox vnc instance

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratacast1

Cadet
I set up a jail using a VirtualBox image, but I have no idea how to log into the VNC instance. I created a VM in the phpVirtualBox page and went through the motions until I got it running. Neither Google Chrome or Firefox will bring up the console and I am trying to VNC into it with KRDC at vnc://192.168.1.5:9000. I have no idea what the authentication password is. I tried the default "admin", I tried changing the VirtualBox password and using that, and I tried the root password for my jail. Nothing seems to work.

adrianwi

Guru
Creating a VirtualBox jail should give you access to a VirtualBox Admin Console simply connecting to the IP address you assigned through a browser (e.g. http://192.168.1.5). Default login is admin:admin and from there you can setup whatever virtual machines you are looking to install, where you can also configure vnc access to the VMs.

stratacast1

Cadet
Creating a VirtualBox jail should give you access to a VirtualBox Admin Console simply connecting to the IP address you assigned through a browser (e.g. http://192.168.1.5). Default login is admin:admin and from there you can setup whatever virtual machines you are looking to install, where you can also configure vnc access to the VMs.

I can access the main page and add VMs doing admin:admin. But it's accessing the virtual machine inside VBox so I can install it. The console will not show up in my browser and trying to do a VNC connection to 192.168.1.5:9000 and trying any combination of passwords does not work

adrianwi

Guru
How have you got the Display > Remote Display settings configured for the VM you are trying to connect to? Pretty sure the default is no password on 9000, but I generally change mine.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Don't use a password just hit connect and you should be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.